We are happy to offer in person learning this year with small classes at Village Hebrew.
The following are the precautions we will be taking to ensure everyone’s safety and health.
1. Health Screening: Prior to sending your child every time, we will ask you to quickly fill in an online form that tells us that your child is fever-free and has not been in contact with anyone with COVID19. If your child has symptoms or has been exposed, we will ask you to wait until your child is tested or the symptoms resolve and are most likely not COVID19.
2: Mask Wearing: We ask all our teachers and students to wear masks at Village Hebrew. Children will be properly seated 6 feet apart from one another. We will be utilizing the playground and outdoor space and during each class’ recess, children will have the ability to have mask breaks.
3. Social Distancing: We will be seating them 6 feet apart from one another, 2 per 6′ table, and spaced out on the floor with seating dots. Children will receive individual packs of supplies, and we will sanitize any shared supplies between uses. Food will be individually packaged snacks.
4. Staggered Arrival and Dismissal: Parents or caregivers will not be allowed to enter the building. We will have a staggered arrival, and everyone will wait 6 feet apart outside and be welcomed individually. Children will immediately be taken to wash their hands. Parents are asked to drop off their child no earlier than 4:25. We will do the same at dismissal; children will be dismissed to their parents one family at a time.
5. Hand Hygiene: We will have sanitizer and soap and water in each classroom. Children will wash hands upon entry and before eating and also use sanitizer when necessary.
6. Increased Cleaning: We will have a cleaning person on hand to clean bathrooms and shared spaces constantly; door handles will be cleaned after each entry and exit of the children. Teachers will also be given spray and wipes to constantly wipe the shared surfaces in the classrooms and when they escort the children elsewhere in the building.
Please note: With the ever-changing environment in which we currently live, and the unknowns of COVID-19, all policies, procedures and schedules are subject to change.